When you visit our site www.mougins.britishinternationalschool.com, cookies are placed on your device.
The purpose of this Policy is to inform you about the nature and purpose of the cookies placed on your device and how you can accept or decline them.
1/ Definition of a cookie
A cookie is a small file stored by a server in the device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) of a user and associated with a web domain (i.e. in most cases with all the pages of a single website). This file is automatically sent back during subsequent contacts with the same domain.
Cookies have multiple uses: they can be used to memorize your customer ID with a merchant site, the current contents of your shopping cart, the language in which the web page is displayed, an identifier that allows us to track your navigation for analytical or advertising purposes, etc.
There are several types of cookies:
“Necessary”, internal cookies allow information to be recorded between two visits to the same website on the same device. They are used to record a shopping cart, identify users or deliver customized elements to a user.
“Analytical” cookies make it possible to track the actions of an internet user on a website.
“Internal” or “first-party” cookies are deposited by the site visited. They can be deposited in addition to the necessary cookies and can be used to collect personal data, track user behaviour and serve advertising purposes.
“Third party” cookies are cookies placed by (or for) a website (site A) by another agency (site B, often an advertising agency). This allows site B to see which pages have been visited on site A by a user and to collect information about them.
2/Similar technologies used
Other types of tracking devices may also be used, such as web beacons, also known as web bugs or tracking bugs. These are pixels that can be placed on the site or in an email. Their function is to collect technical information (e.g. your IP address or the type of device you are using) and information about your activity (e.g. the date and time you visit a page) or to enable the placement of a third-party cookie to send this information back to a server.
3/ Similar technologies used
Some cookies are essential to the use of a website, others allow us to optimize the use of the site and to personalize the displayed contents. Cookies allow us:
to measure and analyse the number of visitors to, and use of, the site, its sections and services offered, enabling us to carry out studies and improve the quality and useability of the site and our services
to memorise your browser's display preferences (display settings, operating system used, etc.) and to adapt the layout of the site during your visits, according to the display or playback hardware and software that your device contains and that is used for browsing our site
to memorize information relating, for example, to a form that you have filled out or to a service (registration, access to your account) or information that you have chosen (services subscribed to, contents of your shopping cart)
to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of the site or our services, such as your personal account, thanks to identifiers or personal data previously communicated, allowing you to access personalized content
to implement security measures
to limit the number of ads displayed
to adapt the advertising content inserted on the site to your interests and behaviour and, possibly, with a link to a locality (e.g. list of the nearest schools)
to adapt and send you personalised advertising specifically intended for you by digital prospecting or displaying advertising on your device within advertising spaces containing cookies that we issue; this is thanks to the personal data that you communicate to us, in particular when you register or access one of our services and use it, to which we associate the cookies that we issue
to send you advertisements, when you access a third-party site containing advertising spaces displaying one of our advertisements, which may be sent to you via the recognition of one of our cookies that we have previously placed on your browser. These cookies may be placed by our technical service providers and used by them
4/ What are the cookies and similar technologies deposited by our site?
4.1 Cookies and similar technologies placed by us and by third parties on our site.
The cookies and other trackers deposited by our site or by third parties on our site are detailed below:
These cookies are strictly necessary for the management, operation and security of the site and for navigation on the site. These are the following cookies:
- Preference cookies: they record your choices regarding cookies so that the cookie banner can be minimized on future visits to the site if you have chosen not to accept advertising and analytical cookies.
These cookies are the following:
- Session cookies: these are necessary to track your navigation on the site. They ensure that the information you enter or the paths you follow on the site are recorded and remembered by the site. They enable us to ensure that each time you connect to the site you are not considered a new visitor to the site. These cookies do not identify you personally and are not linked to any other information stored about you. These cookies are the following:
• TS******** : TS* cookies are used to maintain session status between the end user and the Web Application Firewall.
• CFGLOBALS : The CFGLOBALS cookie is used to maintain the session state between the end user and the web application.
• JSESSIONID : The JSESSIONID cookie is used to maintain session status between the end user and the website application.
- Load balancing cookies : These are used when more than one server provides access to web pages. When you visit our website, you are assigned to one of several servers. These cookies are necessary to track the server you are communicating with in order to present a consistent user Mougins British International School – 615 Av. Maurice Donat CS 12180, 06250 Mougins email@example.com +33(0)4 93 90 15 47 www.mougins-school.com experience and to remember information about the data you have entered. These cookies do not identify you personally and are not linked to any other information stored about you.
- Feature cookies: these provide more personalized services, and store information about your consent when loading specific features, (e.g. YouTube videos). Some can be set by the providers (there are tools to disable these cookies depending on the type of browser used, explained later in this policy) and they are stored for reference on future visits to the site. These cookies are the following:
• YOUTUBE: This cookie links the site you are visiting to your YouTube account. It makes the content suggested by YouTube more relevant. For more information, please see https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=fr&gl=fr
- Advertising cookies: they remember your browsing preferences or are useful for marketing purposes. These cookies allow us to share certain data with advertisers, such as what you like, so that the advertisements displayed conform to your preferences.
- Performance and analytics cookies: these help us understand how visitors behave as they navigate a website. They help improve websites and marketing messages sent to customers. This includes, for example, Google Analytics cookies for collecting and analysing information on the use of the website by visitors. Information about website usage, including your IP address, may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. The data collected by Google Analytics is used to analyse how often the same people return to the website, how the website is found (from advertising or referral websites) and which pages are visited most frequently. For more information on Google's data protection policy, please visit the following link: https://www.google.it/policies/privacy/partners/
These cookies are the following:
• GOOGLE ANALYTICS : Allows us to analyse the statistics of our site visits. It is essential for the management of our website and allows us to measure indicators such as traffic, the most popular products and the geographical distribution of visitors. For more information, please consult: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=fr.
• GOOGLE ADS : Collects data about the content you have viewed on our site in order to provide you with personalised advertising when you visit other sites. For more information please visit : https://policies.google.com/privacy .
• Google Conversion Tracking : Google Conversion Tracking usage statistics. This Google Ads tool can show you what happens after customers click on your ad (for example, if they bought your product, called from a mobile phone or downloaded your app).
• Google Remarketing : Google code specifically for remarketing / retargeting based advertising.
• Google Marketing platform : Helps Google feed data to Google Ads to increase the credibility of its results. This cookie is set by DoubleClick (owned by Google) to profile the interests of site visitors and display relevant ads on other sites.
• Google Conversion Linker : Detects ad click information in your conversion page URLs and stores this information to associate an ad click with a conversion
- Social network cookies: these may be used to track your activity on social network platforms. They are used to allow you to express opinions. These cookies allow you to recommend the website you are browsing to other users on social networks. They are also used to advise other (potential) customers, to evaluate services and to offer targeted advertising according to their preferences.
These cookies are the following:
• Facebook Conversion Tracking : Facebook's conversion tracking feature allows a user to track clicks on ads.
• Facebook Custom Audiences : Your website's custom audiences allow you to reach people who visit your website and send them the right message on Facebook.
• Facebook Pixel : Identifies visitors from Facebook posts. Because you don't come to our site every day, this little piece of code provided by Facebook allows us to continue our exchanges in your news feed.
• LINKEDIN : Identifies visitors from LinkedIn. Because you don't come to our site every day, this little piece of code provided to us by LinkedIn allows us to continue our exchanges on this social network. For more information, please see: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacypolicy?_l=fr_FR
4.2 Cookies embedded in third party applications
We may include third-party software applications on our site that allow you to share content from our site with others or to tell others about your views or opinions regarding content on our site. This is notably the case of the "Share" and "Like" buttons from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
The social network is likely to identify you thanks to this button, even if you did not use it during your use of our site. This type of button application may allow the social network concerned to track your browsing on our site, simply because your account with the social network was activated on your browser (open session) during your browsing on our site.
5. Consent / Cookie management / Cookie duration
1. When you first connect to the site, by following the instructions presented on the banner that will automatically appear on the screen.
2. At any time on our site by clicking on the yellow tick icon on the left of the screen
3. From your browser, or from a related cookie management platform.
1 . Managing your cookies from the banner and the site: The first time you access the site you will be able to access a management module that will allow you to choose the cookies you wish to accept and those you wish to refuse on our site. You will be able to access the module and modify your choices at any time by clicking on the yellow tick icon on the left of the screen.
2 . Managing cookies from your browser: You can configure your browser so that cookies are stored in your device or rejected, either automatically or on a per-website basis. You can also regularly delete cookies from your device via your browser.
Don't forget to configure all the browsers on your various devices to your preferences (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.). Each browser is configured differently to manage your choices around cookies. You will find this information in the help menu of your browser. For example:
Internet Explorer : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Block-enable-or-allow-cookies
3. Online management of your cookies from cookie management platforms: Various specific tools exist that allow you to manage your cookie choices.
• Youronlicechoices.com: This site allows you to modify your choices regarding advertising cookies
• Flash Player settings
• Specific extensions for certain cookies such as the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
• Browser extensions such as DoNotTrackMe, Disconnect, Ghostery or Privacy Badger
For more information, the CNIL has published a notice to control cookies at the following address